Why do I need to monitor tweets with a tweet monitor?
Tweet monitoring is the process of constantly collecting tweets. This method is good for aggregating relevant information without interruptions, every day, hour, second. The collected data can then be used for further processing or display to users.
To whom monitoring of a twitter based on our twitter search api can help and with what?
1. An irreplaceable solution for financial analytics service
Do you need to constantly monitor what the top executives of the company think?
This solution is for you. In conjunction with the analysis of the emotional color of speech, you can automatically filter out even terabytes of text and select the most significant tweets, which will make it possible to very quickly predict prices on exchange markets.
2. Attraction for sports betting
In sports betting, it’s sometimes very important to know about the morale of the players. The player is worried, drunk or somewhat dissatisfied with the game - this information will help your visitors make an appropriate decision.
3. Monitoring tweets by politicians and public figures
Many media use the open policy of Twitter and post tweets in their news, write content based on them. With our REST API, this process is becoming faster.
4. Competitor Monitoring
Do you need to constantly monitor the latest news on the market or be aware of what “what they breathe” and what the first persons of the competitors say - why not monitor their public Twitter accounts and requests, hashtags that are related to them? Just send us the form that is below and we are ready to help you in the collection of valuable information.
5. Building third-party applications and services
Monitoring tweets is just a toolkit (shovel :-)), which can be used specifically for your goals and conditions.
Is it possible to monitor tweets yourself?
At first glance, it might seem that viewing data from a twitter is a simple solution. In principle, you can even manually monitor this social network for the desired events. For small research, the use of the manual principle, followed by collecting the necessary data or even simple analysis, is suitable for ordinary surfing on the Internet. But what if the number of accounts that need to be analyzed exceeds ten, a hundred? The need arises to look for ready-made solutions.
Congratulations! You have found exactly the solution you need!
Seriously, without jokes, this product was created under the same conditions: i.e. we had a need for constant data collection on parameters of interest to us from Twitter.
Why did we write our crawler of tweets?
Of course, the twitter has its own API, this solution out of the box does an excellent job of writing / editing / deleting tweets, but, for example, there are limitations in the issue of data collection that are laid down by the system.
And then a thought arose ...
Having the information stated just above, our team of perfectionists (I’m not afraid of this word) decided to apply their skills in building the classic REST API and create a product that can process significantly more information and faster than existing solutions. By the way, at the moment, the total load on our crawler is 1.800.000 requests per hour and this figure can be significantly increased.
How do we monitor tweets for you?
Our systematic approach and load balancing + security standards allowed us to create:
- legal tool - we are not supporters of violating any rights of third parties, therefore Tweets Researcher is made in full accordance with the rules for the terms of service and using the social network Twitter: we only process data allowed by the system. Yes, don’t ask us to collect the data from closed robots.txt pages (closed accounts, for example);
- convenient for customers - starting from the very basics, everything in our system is made for the user: you can either order data in the form you need (any format), or use our REST API Tweets Researcher and independently collect data for processing, more In addition, we also install tweet monitoring solutions on your project in the form of a plugin for your site (!);
- fast in action - the average response speed of the server of the system does not exceed a second, in the paid version you can monitor tweets for up to three minutes with one request: imagine that in three minutes you can tirelessly collect data on the subject of shares of Tesla, Microsoft or Yandex, and then reconnect and continue collecting further;
- easy to update - our system provides collection of tweets 24/7 and is constantly in the most current version on production. Such an indispensable quality for the product is achieved by the steel monitoring of server operation and service requests. We constantly do our best to ensure that the client receives data constantly, therefore we work without intermediaries or intermediary products: this is 100% ours, the author’s solution.
Our twitter search api: the technical side of monitoring tweets
At the moment, our monitoring has been implemented using a number of technical solutions in PHP, JS, Python, and even Go, which allowed us to create something like Google bot (i.e. crawler), but with the basis on:
- fetch accuracy;
- Compliance with U.S. law and the agreements that Twitter has today;
Now our system can not only monitor the Twitter, but also has a data storage cache, in case there are problems on your part, which will then allow you to restore all the information collected. Moreover, we can store data in our database for you and supply you with the necessary information either in the form of files of the required format, or through our API.
What are our recommendations for using tweets collected as a result of monitoring using twitter search api?
Our lawyer has developed the main recommendations that will allow you to protect yourself from legal impact on your tweet monitoring processes. This information is primarily devoted to the publication of information:
1. Do not publish information from closed sources, because they are closed for something (!)
2. Assigning someone else’s tweet to yourself is a bad idea
If you ordered from us, for example, monitoring tweets with the keyword “Tesla" and our tweet monitor will give you all the information online, then you should not post it as such that belongs to you (i.e. indicate authorship when you post it on your site it’s a mandatory procedure).
Why is it so?
Everything is extremely simple - it is indirectly or directly recognized worldwide that information posted on the Internet by a person, organization - is also protected by intellectual property law. At the moment, the Twitter allows monitoring and public ation tweets, but the point still stands authorship. However, if you make the monitoring personal (your) accounts - feel free to do whatever you want p>.
How to monitor tweets real time - examples:
1. ESports app
Just imagine a database of several thousand entries in the form of e-sports cards, which belongs to a large information resource in the field of e-sports matches. The site aims to increase the engagement rate (Engagement rate) and decides to implement monitoring of tweets for each player.
The working scheme is as follows:
A user with a premium subscription goes to the desired profile -> a POST request is sent to our server -> data is collected from the player’s profile on the twitter and data from all over the tweeter, based on a search for words that relate to the player -> received information is sent to the front of the site for the user.
2. Competitors monitoring on twitter search api from Twitter Research
A channel is formed for a company in the field of beverage sales from all competitors in its sales region. The main task facing the organization: to identify stocks and new products for quick response of the sales network to changes in competitors.
3.Help in making a decision for a financial analyst
For a service that aggregates data from exchanges such as NASDAQ, several indicators are extremely important:
- competitiveness - the ability to offer a new solution for customers;
- completeness of information - in fact, complements the first need: i.e. It was decided that it was necessary to create a full-fledged database for specialists so that they could make decisions.
Add tweets of leading company representatives to financial analytics here was a good decision, because users got the opportunity to receive in addition to dry statistics from fin. markets are also able to analyze additional risks based on the statements of the first persons. Thus, monitoring tweets here really came in handy.
A few words about the twitter search api from the creator
Hello! My name is Anton Dmitrenko, I am one of the founding fathers of this project twitter search api from Tweets Research . I created a search engine for this system for collecting twitter tweets. I wrote an engine for full monitoring / search / collecting of tweets, and also performed its demo version. My inspiration was based primarily on needs. which I encountered. The task was to search and collect data in the form of public tweets and do it in large volumes, with high accuracy and legally.
How to collect data on twitter search api?
Creating an interface for interaction is not so difficult, but the most significant problem was the acceleration of data and its high-quality upload. Those. the limitations of the tweeter did not allow the use of its API, which created the need to implement its software product. After a comprehensive analysis of the problem, it was decided to write a crawler to collect data according to robots.txt, which is fully consistent with all agreements. For six months, I wrote with my colleague a product that could satisfy the needs of customers in the qualitative collection of information.
And now, having reached a working and stable version, we can confidently serve your data needs.
API and crawler operation scheme:
In this sketch: 1 is your request, and 2 is the response of the service in json format.
How is a tweet monitor good for monitoring competitors?
We highlight two options for monitoring competitors, where the twitter search api comes in handy:
- monitoring of key persons of the company;
- collection of trend / social position data.
By the term "social position" we mean, of course, opinions about goods, services or promotions, as well as about certain events received using twitter search api from us.
Typical situations that our system can monitor for you:
Quick access to information about competitors is the key to the speed of your actions, which is expressed in creating competitive advantages for the action of the opposite side.
- track opinions about a particular product / service by hashtags, search phrases, individual accounts;
- getting opinions about a person by hashtags, search phrases, individual accounts is a very useful approach if you would like to track the effectiveness of a PR campaign;
- monitoring of competitors in the form of collecting data from official accounts of organizations, which will allow you to have a permanent “action map".
How can monitoring tweets help me in my data-analytics project?
The scheme of our work is that, starting with us, and at any stage, you have the opportunity to choose the required data format that you need to receive, requests for which there is a need to receive information, or use our API
Our most important advantage:
Get data where and when you need, without limits, in any format